Mail Attender® for IBM Domino
Email Archiving, Management and ComplianceMail Attender provides total email management for the Domino mail files and archives within your environment. Whether you are looking to enforce email retention policies, reduce email storage usage or simply want your Domino servers to run more efficiently, Mail Attender can address your pressing business needs. Included within Mail Attender's email management capabilities are Notes email archiving, message deletion, attachment single-instancing, a replacement for the inherent quota management and many others. Mail Attender is non-invasive to your Domino architecture, is centrally administered and provides your Domino administrators with complete control over your email infrastructure.
Typical needs include the ability to:
- Enforce email retention policies
- Reduce email storage usage
- Increase Domino server performance
|Features||Tech Specs||Video||Resources||Screen Shots||Customers|
Out of Office
- Runs on Domino 6.x, 7.x and 8.x
- Runs on all Domino platforms
- No Domino architectural changes required
- Uses server-based LotusScript agents
- No API code
- Archived data is stored in Domino format
- Easy Domino-based installation
- Installed using a single Notes client
- No physical server visit required
- No client installation
- No server cycle required
Best Practice White Papers
- The Case for NSF - How Archiving in NSF Format Preserves Data Integrity Download
- IT Governance in an IBM Lotus Software Environment Download
- Solving Key Management and Archiving Problems in Lotus Notes/Domino Environments Download
- The Importance of Archiving Your Organization's Email Communications Download
- Enforcing Corporate Compliance Policies in Lotus Notes Email Download
- IBM Lotus Notes Domino Compliance and eDiscovery Best Practices Collection Download
- Four Questions Every Admin Should Ask About Email Retention Policies Download
- Be on the Lookout for Email Hoarders Download
- Eastman Kodak
Eastman Kodak, a name synonymous with photography itself, needed a solution that would enable it to comply with its legal department's request for more strict email management. Specifically, legal mandated that documents stored in end-user's email applications must be deleted after 45 days and that there should be quotas on the size of end-user's email files...Read More
- PNC Bank
The financial services market is highly regulated, and when PNC Financial Services noticed a need for quota enforcement and document purging within its Lotus Notes email environment, the company began to look for a scalable email management solution that would tie well into its existing Domino environment...Read More
- Motor Coach Industries
With over 1,400 email users across 14 servers, MCI was looking to have more internal controls over their information flow. "We needed to have better control over what type of information was leaving our system as well as control over what type of information was being stored within it...Read More
- Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool began to look for a tool that would bridge the retention gap and better manage quotas. "We needed to get a point where the users could do their own housekeeping and also insure that mail would still be received after users reached their quota limits...Read More
- Alliance Coal, LLC
With over 475 mailboxes, two clustered servers and 15 locations, Alliance Coal, LLC began looking for a solution that would assist them in addressing issues such as archiving, mailbox reclamation and centralized management. With roughly 12% of their users over 2G mailbox size, performance concerns were rising...Read More
- Lincoln Electric
Lincoln Electric was using a large amount of storage space on their servers to support mail files. In an effort to reclaim storage space, they began searching for a product that would allow them to identify and delete outdated emails. The product would also have to be capable of notifying users of the deletion process...Read More
- Crowe Chizek and Company
With over 1800 employees using email for client and internal communications, the company was having difficulty controlling the sizes of their mail databases. Moreover, since they provide financial services, document management is critical...Read More
- Sharon Albright, Lotus Administrator & Designer, Eckert Seamans
Mail Attender has helped us reduce drive space on our mail servers and has allowed us to eliminate attachments that are non-business related - which saves us money. Plus removed those "pesky" emails that get sent around to EVERYONE (i.e. "Looking for", "Cake in Conference Room", etc).
- Senior Network Engineer at Insurance Provider
We have been a customer for 4-5 years running Mail Attender for Notes. The product has done exactly as advertised, and done it very, very well. We use it for email compliance, Out Of Office, and for a fast & easy way to track user's mail file information. The sales & support have been phenomenal in getting answers we need. We look forward to continuing our relationship with them as they continue to improve on products that already exceed our expectations.
- Domino Engineer at Large Utility Company
We have been using the Mail Attender product for many years and has consistently provided a means to keep our mail file sizes in check. We implemented a mail policy that only allowed 60 days worth of mail and each Saturday Mail Attender will run and hard delete mail older than 60 days. Our Monthly average of Disk savings is over 200 GB.
- Senior Systems Engineer at Consumer Packaged Goods Company
Mail Attender for Lotus Notes has provided us the ability to de-duplicate and archive users mail attachments as well as provide us a tool to manage quarterly mail retention. There are so many different configurations you can do with this tool, it's amazing!
- View more Mail Attender for Notes reviews on LinkedIn
Notes App Store Reviews
- Domino Administrator at Construction supplier
I have been a fan of Mail Attender for ten years now. It was very easy to install and set up. The technical people at Sherpa are always there to assist and listen when you suggest ideas to make the product even better. It is by far the best way to manage Lotus Notes quotas. No maintenance is required on an account when a user brings their file under the quota again. I am the Lotus Notes Admin for my company and this feature alone has saved me so much time. Quotas can be changed on the fly and are immediate. Mail Attender is defintely the product to buy for an add-on to Lotus Notes.
- Lotus Notes Domino Administrator at Pharmaceutical Provider
The interface is extremely intuitive. Mail Attender has performed exactly the way we expected it to and more. The most importent aspect was support. Sherpa has always responded in prompt manner and provided exemplary support.
- View more Mail Attender for Notes reviews on the Notes App Store
Our solutions for Lotus Notes and Microsoft Exchange have received numerous awards and recognitions throughout the IT community.
More Awards and Buzz